Franchise co-operation model for independent pharmacy
Celesio UK operates a three-tier franchise and co-operation model. This means co-operated pharmacies can keep their names and local identities, but at the same time boost business through taking advantage of LloydsPharmacy’s design, category, service and technological expertise.
- Condition expertise: personalised skin and chronic pain management have earned LloydsPharmacy a reputation as destination status among customers.
- Category expertise: well-defined ranges reflecting deep understanding of skin and chronic pain – and the patients who need these services.
- A different experience: a fresh look and feel combined with innovative technology to inspire customers rationally and emotionally every time they visit.
- People: training and pharmacy management to develop colleagues who care deeply about their customers’ health and inspire optimism in every visit.
- Procurement and New Product Development: swift to source, swift to market – just some of the benefits of being part of a European Pharmacy Network.
- Patient loyalty: health-centered loyalty programs to connect prescriptions and front of shop – maximising the health benefits delivered by your pharmacy.
- Technology: to support price management, stock optimisation and business performance.
Why franchise and co-operation models?
- Increasing pressure on all players in the pharmaceutical market environment
- Changes in market regulations
- Rationalisation measures in pharma / healthcare supply chain
- Lower margins and shift of revenue sources
- New / competing sales channels (online etc.)
- Increasing competition among wholesalers, pharmacy groupings and individual pharmacies.
What do LloydsPharmacy customers say?
- 73 per cent – Almost three quarters consider LloydsPharmacy better value for money than other pharmacy retail outlets.
- 84 per cent – More than 84 per cent say they would recommend LloydsPharmacy to others.
- 1st – LloydsPharmacy has been voted pharmacy of choice for health advice in a 2013 consumer survey.